24 ounces venison filet, either backstrap or loin (pork loin may be used)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Remove all membrane from meat and cut into 12 medallions. Rub with oil, salt, and pepper. Grill until medium-rare, being careful not to overcook.
3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 cups white wine (such as Chardonnay)
2 shallots, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon roughly chopped garlic
1 1/8-inch slices ginger root
2 to 4 mesquite-smoked jalapeños, seeded, available from Stonewall Chili Pepper Company (800-232-2995) or in specialty stores; or canned chipotle chiles, rinsed and seeded
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 cup prepared demiglace, homemade or Knorr brand
2 teaspoons butter
2 dozen pistachios
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons butter to finish (optional)
Salt to taste
Reconstitute cranberries in enough hot water to cover.
In a medium saucepan, combine wine, shallots, garlic, ginger,jalapeños, and vinegar and cook over high heat until almost dry. Add demiglace and cook until hot. Strain and set aside.
Melt 2 teaspoons butter in large sauté pan over medium heat and add pistachios, sherry, and cranberries with their liquid. Reduce mixture over high heat for 5 minutes or less. Add strained sauce and cook approximately 5 more minutes to reduce volume by half. Add butter to finish sauce. Add salt to taste.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (34)
- Mango with Ginger-Mint Syrup
- Kelley's Breakfast Scramble Timbales
- Roasted Quail with Fig Puree and Balsamic-Chocolat...
- Boneless Smoked Quail
- Wild Mushroom Venison Stew With Biscuits
- Venison with Pistachio-Cranberry Sauce
- Espresso-Rubbed Venison with Shiner Bock “Beer Bla...
- Two-Tone Chili - Venison and Pork
- Roasted Duck With Picadillo Stuffing
- Pan-Roasted White-Winged Dove
- Persimmon Flan
- Pork Chops Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spi...
- Meg's Fish Dip
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2008 (90)
- ► 2007 (34)
- ► 2006 (64)
- ► 2005 (134)