Sunday, February 13, 2005

How to make clear ice cubes at home

Kelley: "When Sharon and I were in France this summer, we dined at a lovely dim sum
place in Nice. Each course was so simply presented and yet elegant and
satisfying. One of the things that I remember distinctly was that I ordered
an Orangina and the drink was served chilled in a tall, narrow glass with
one perfectly clear, perfectly square ice cube. Even now, I am still
wondering how they were able to make such a perfect ice cube...and could I
do it at home when entertaining?"

Pamela: "If you would like to try creating clear ice at home, start with distilled water (to eliminate the minerals) and boil it (to eliminate air dissolved in the water). Make the cubes small or thin to get closer to the way that icicles are formed."

No comments:

Blog Archive