from Julia & Jacques Cooking at Home
Make hollandaise sauce:
Whisk 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water over low heat in a round-bottomed (saucier-type) pan until thick and foamy. whisk in 6 to 8 tablespoons of room temperature, unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Season with salt and a dash of cayenne pepper to taste.
Poach in about 2 inches of boiling/simmering water to which 2 tablespoons of white vinegar have been added. Eggs should take about 4 minutes.
Sliced French bread 1 inch thick, remove crust, and light toast, then butter both sides and place on warm plate.
Saute slices (not too thin) of top quality prosciutto ham in a little butter.
Plade ham on toasted, buttered bread, top with poached eggs and finish with a napping of hollandaise sauce.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2009 (73)
- ► 2008 (90)
- ► 2007 (34)
- ► 2006 (64)
- Seared Yellowfin Tuna over Napa Salad
- Julia Child's Eggs Benedict
- Hasty Pudding with Apricot Sauce
- Chicken Tonnato
- Easy Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Diced Cucumber Salad
- Pot Roast Alert
- Cold Beef Salad a la Parisienne
- Julia's Blanched and Butter Green Beans
- Jacques' French Potato Salad
- Julia's and Jacques' Basic Vinaigrettes
- Joe and Heidi's Bacon Arrabiata Pasta
- Gertrude's Roasted Teal
- Egg and Tomato Gratin
- Hard-Cooked Eggs
- Vegetarian Curries
- Classic Macaroni and Cheese
- Creamy Garlicky Mussels
- Chinatown Steamed and Roasted Duck plus ...
- Standing Rib Roast with Cabernet au Jus
- Frisee Salad with Warm Vinaigrette
- Lamb Chops with Lemon Basil Sauce
- Pamela's Easy 10-minute Lentil Supper
- How to make clear ice cubes at home
- Risotto al Salto
- Easy & Excellent Pressure Cooker Risotto
- Ruth Schmidt's Bread and Rolls
- Ruth Schmidt's Fried Chicken
- Bacon recommendation
- Seafood Packets (aka Salmon in Foil)
- Banana Cream Pie a la PATS
- Bacon, Scallion, and Caramelized Onion Dip
- All-American Potato Salad
- Alton Brown's Fried Chicken
- Alton Brown's Pancakes
- Five-star Pasta with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Shiitake Mushroom Veal
- Pamela's Baklava
- Pamela's Crepes Suzette
- Nadine Kelley's Milk Toast
- ▼ February (40)