Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Jim and I made this last night; we used half a bone-in turkey breast and did it on our gas grill. We made just one-quarter of the rub and orange sauce. The amount of rub was just right for our half-breast, but we ate all the sauce, so next time I would only half the sauce recipe. Read my review the recipe on the title link. This was one of the best dishes I've ever made and it was quick, easy, inexpensive, and didn't require a lot of clean up. We did it on the gas grill.
2 quarts cold water
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 boneless turkey breast, 4 to 5 pounds
Spanish Spice Rub, recipe follows
4 oranges, halved
Sour Orange Sauce, recipe follows
Flat-leaf parsley leaves
Place water in a large bowl or plastic container. Whisk in salt and sugar and let sit 5 minutes to dissolve. Add the turkey breast, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
Heat grill to medium-high. Remove turkey from the brining solution, rinse well under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the skin side of the turkey with the rub. Using tongs, dip paper towels into the oil and oil the grates of the grill. Place the turkey on the grill, rub side down and grill until slightly charred and a crust has formed, about 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat of the grill to medium, turn the turkey over and continue cooking, with the lid closed for 30 to 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breast registers 155 degrees F (the temperature will continue to rise off the heat). Remove from the heat, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Slice into 1/2-inch thick slices.
While turkey is resting, brush the cut side of oranges with oil and place cut side down on the grill and grill until slightly charred. Ladle sour orange sauce onto a platter and top with the sliced turkey. Garnish with grilled oranges and parsley leaves.
Spanish Spice Rub:
6 tablespoons Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons cumin seeds, ground
1 tablespoon mustard seeds, ground
4 teaspoons fennel seeds, ground
4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Whisk together in a bowl.
Sour Orange Sauce:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Spanish onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup honey
8 cups homemade chicken stock
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat on the grates of the grill. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the orange juice, lime juice, zest, and honey and cook until reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and cook until thickened to a sauce consistency and reduced to about 2 cups.
Strain the sauce into a bowl, whisk in the butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the parsley and serve hot.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Cranberry Sauce with Pears and Fresh Ginger
- Turkey Spring Rolls with Quick Peanut Dipping Sauc...
- Sprouted Wheat Parker House Rolls
- Slow-roasted Turkey with Gravy
- Breakfast Sausage
- Oven-roasted Turkey Breast with Leeks and Cornbrea...
- Emeril's Ruben Sandwiches with Russian Dressing
- Creamy Coleslaw
- The Rachel Sandwich
- Day-After Turkey Soup
- Apricot-and-Cheddar Chicken Melt
- Grilled Turkey with Pomegranate-Black Pepper Glaze...
- Turkey Pot Pie with Sage Crust
- Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cranberry Glazed Breast of Turkey
- Grilled Portobellos Filled with Wild Rice-Almond P...
- Brined Turkey Breast with Spanish Spice Rub and So...
- Creamed Turkey and Fall Vegetables Over Wild Rice ...
- Chinese Turkey Salad
- Waldorf Salad with Chopped Truffles and Walnut Dre...
- Turkey Waldorf Salad
- Chicken or Turkey Divan à la Locke-Ober
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Feast
- Beef Rosettes with Duxelles and Green Peppercorns
- How to Cook and Clean Dungeness Crab
- Petits Pois à la Francaise
- 100% Sprouted Wheat Bread
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Pears
- Salmon Croquettes
- Southern Cornbread Dressed-Up Chicken
- Farmstand Corn Fritters
- Barbecued Beef Brisket For a Charcoal Grill
- Autumn Panzanella
- Sweet Broccoli Salad
- Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil
- Barack Obama Pizza Burger
- Pressure Cooker Buffalo Hot Wings
- Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Veal Short Ribs in an Osso Buco Style
- Emeril's Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail
- Cranberry Pomegranate Terrine
- Pressure Cooker Parmesan Chicken Packet
- Pressure Cooker Five-Minute Tomato Sauce
- Italian Herb Blend
- Simmered Chinese Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Chicken with Duck Sauce
- Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
- Pressure Cooker Lamb and White Bean Stew
- Macaroni and 4 Cheeses
- Pressure Cooker Veal Stew
- Spinach and Rice Soup
- Pressure Cooker Risotto
- Wisconsin Native's Beer Cheese Soup
- ▼ November (53)
- ► 2007 (34)
- ► 2006 (64)
- ► 2005 (134)