This is an easy to make Asian inspired recipe for chicken in a pressure cooker. It has a subtle sweet and sour taste to it. Serve over white rice with a side of stir fried broccoli.
1 (3 pound) Foster Farms Whole Cut-Up Chicken, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
2 tablespoons honey
1. Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker with the lid off, over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides as evenly as possible. Remove chicken from the cooker, and season with salt, pepper, paprika and marjoram. Drain and discard fat from the cooker, and mix in wine and chicken broth, scraping any bits of food that are stuck to the bottom.
2. Return chicken to the cooker over medium-high heat, secure the lid, and bring to high pressure for 8 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Reduce pressure before opening the lid. The internal temperature of the chicken meat should be at 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
3. Remove chicken to a serving dish, and add the apricot preserves, vinegar, ginger and honey to the pot. Bring to a boil, and cook uncovered until the sauce has reduced into a thick and syrupy consistency, about 10 minutes. Spoon over chicken and serve.
Calories 551 cal
Total Fat 29.2 g
Cholesterol 146 mg
Sodium 357 mg
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fiber 0.4 g
Protein 46.3 g
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Cranberry Sauce with Pears and Fresh Ginger
- Turkey Spring Rolls with Quick Peanut Dipping Sauc...
- Sprouted Wheat Parker House Rolls
- Slow-roasted Turkey with Gravy
- Breakfast Sausage
- Oven-roasted Turkey Breast with Leeks and Cornbrea...
- Emeril's Ruben Sandwiches with Russian Dressing
- Creamy Coleslaw
- The Rachel Sandwich
- Day-After Turkey Soup
- Apricot-and-Cheddar Chicken Melt
- Grilled Turkey with Pomegranate-Black Pepper Glaze...
- Turkey Pot Pie with Sage Crust
- Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cranberry Glazed Breast of Turkey
- Grilled Portobellos Filled with Wild Rice-Almond P...
- Brined Turkey Breast with Spanish Spice Rub and So...
- Creamed Turkey and Fall Vegetables Over Wild Rice ...
- Chinese Turkey Salad
- Waldorf Salad with Chopped Truffles and Walnut Dre...
- Turkey Waldorf Salad
- Chicken or Turkey Divan à la Locke-Ober
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Feast
- Beef Rosettes with Duxelles and Green Peppercorns
- How to Cook and Clean Dungeness Crab
- Petits Pois à la Francaise
- 100% Sprouted Wheat Bread
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Pears
- Salmon Croquettes
- Southern Cornbread Dressed-Up Chicken
- Farmstand Corn Fritters
- Barbecued Beef Brisket For a Charcoal Grill
- Autumn Panzanella
- Sweet Broccoli Salad
- Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil
- Barack Obama Pizza Burger
- Pressure Cooker Buffalo Hot Wings
- Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Veal Short Ribs in an Osso Buco Style
- Emeril's Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail
- Cranberry Pomegranate Terrine
- Pressure Cooker Parmesan Chicken Packet
- Pressure Cooker Five-Minute Tomato Sauce
- Italian Herb Blend
- Simmered Chinese Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Chicken with Duck Sauce
- Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
- Pressure Cooker Lamb and White Bean Stew
- Macaroni and 4 Cheeses
- Pressure Cooker Veal Stew
- Spinach and Rice Soup
- Pressure Cooker Risotto
- Wisconsin Native's Beer Cheese Soup
- ▼ November (53)
- ► 2007 (34)
- ► 2006 (64)
- ► 2005 (134)