Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
1 (2 pound) boneless turkey breast
4 cups chicken stock
4 parsley sprigs
1 bay leaf
3 thyme sprigs
3 black peppercorns
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large leek, white and pale green part, sliced thinly
1 large shallot, finely sliced
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons fresh sage chiffonade
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped sage
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup ice water
Butter a 4-quart baking dish.
Place turkey breast in a medium saucepan, cover with stock, and add parsley, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns. Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer until turkey is just cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer turkey to a plate, remove herbs and peppercorns with a slotted spoon. When turkey is cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces and transfer to the buttered baking dish.
Add carrots and turnips to the broth and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer carrots, turnips and thawed peas to the buttered baking dish. Strain broth into a bowl. Melt butter in the same pot over medium heat. Add leeks and shallots and cook until soft. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and white wine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until reduced slightly. Add cream and cook until sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon. Season with salt and pepper and add the parsley and sage. Pour the sauce over the turkey and vegetables in the baking dish.
For the Crust: Place flour, herbs, and salt in a food processor and process until herbs are finely chopped. Add butter and shortening and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add a few tablespoons of the cold water at a time and pulse until the mixture just comes together. Gather dough into ball and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Roll dough into a 15 by 10 1/2-inch rectangle and place dough over onto filling. Trim overhang, tuck dough edge inside dish. Bake until crust is golden and gravy is bubbling, about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Cranberry Sauce with Pears and Fresh Ginger
- Turkey Spring Rolls with Quick Peanut Dipping Sauc...
- Sprouted Wheat Parker House Rolls
- Slow-roasted Turkey with Gravy
- Breakfast Sausage
- Oven-roasted Turkey Breast with Leeks and Cornbrea...
- Emeril's Ruben Sandwiches with Russian Dressing
- Creamy Coleslaw
- The Rachel Sandwich
- Day-After Turkey Soup
- Apricot-and-Cheddar Chicken Melt
- Grilled Turkey with Pomegranate-Black Pepper Glaze...
- Turkey Pot Pie with Sage Crust
- Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cranberry Glazed Breast of Turkey
- Grilled Portobellos Filled with Wild Rice-Almond P...
- Brined Turkey Breast with Spanish Spice Rub and So...
- Creamed Turkey and Fall Vegetables Over Wild Rice ...
- Chinese Turkey Salad
- Waldorf Salad with Chopped Truffles and Walnut Dre...
- Turkey Waldorf Salad
- Chicken or Turkey Divan à la Locke-Ober
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Feast
- Beef Rosettes with Duxelles and Green Peppercorns
- How to Cook and Clean Dungeness Crab
- Petits Pois à la Francaise
- 100% Sprouted Wheat Bread
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Pears
- Salmon Croquettes
- Southern Cornbread Dressed-Up Chicken
- Farmstand Corn Fritters
- Barbecued Beef Brisket For a Charcoal Grill
- Autumn Panzanella
- Sweet Broccoli Salad
- Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil
- Barack Obama Pizza Burger
- Pressure Cooker Buffalo Hot Wings
- Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Veal Short Ribs in an Osso Buco Style
- Emeril's Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail
- Cranberry Pomegranate Terrine
- Pressure Cooker Parmesan Chicken Packet
- Pressure Cooker Five-Minute Tomato Sauce
- Italian Herb Blend
- Simmered Chinese Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Chicken with Duck Sauce
- Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
- Pressure Cooker Lamb and White Bean Stew
- Macaroni and 4 Cheeses
- Pressure Cooker Veal Stew
- Spinach and Rice Soup
- Pressure Cooker Risotto
- Wisconsin Native's Beer Cheese Soup
- ▼ November (53)
- ► 2007 (34)
- ► 2006 (64)
- ► 2005 (134)