Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Salmon Croquettes


I am a big fan of Paula's but this recipe needed some work. When I first saw it, I had a strange feeling it would be very bland although I have never made Salmon croquettes before and had no idea what went into them. I tasted the fish mixture once I was ready to form the croquettes and oh boy was that boring! I added old bay seasoning, a little cayenne, 2 tsp lemon juice, and a bit of salt and they came out fantastic! I also added a little mayo to the mix, not much only about a 1/4 cup and this made the filling nice and moist and delicious. I will definitely make these again! My boyfriend was raving and kept insisting they were the best he's ever had! --Anna, NY

We thought these were terrific--PKS.

2 fillets canned salmon, drained and flaked (one 6-oz. can)
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons green onions, diced
1/3 cup dried whole wheat bread crumbs
2 teaspoon oil oil oil, for frying

Over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium, non-stick skillet. Combine canned salmon, beaten egg, green onions and half the bread crumbs. Form into 2 patties and dust with additional bread crumbs. Saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drizzle with remaining teaspoon olive oil, turn over and cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.

Serves 2 @ 4 points per serving.

No comments:

Blog Archive